Library Operation Hours :
Library operation hours will be extended with effective from 1st September 2022 onwards for the returning of all campus users on upcoming semesters, as below:
B1 103 and B1 104 Study Rooms Operation Hours :
- Ensure you are wearing mask and following the study room rules when using the study rooms or in library. For student who does not following the study room rules, librarian may request for your campus ID for record purposes.
- University's event maybe approved to be held in B1-103 and B1-104 study rooms from time to time.
- Library's discussion rooms remain non operation due to intermittent Library air con's problem as of now.
- You may still email email@example.com or raise AskA for Library service related queries.
Library Facilities :
- 14 desktop computers with Internet access
- 3 Printing Machines –photocopy, printing and scanning (by using CampusID)
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) – KOHA (Malaysia campus collections only) & Huiwen (All library collections)
- Wireless Network
- Newspaper Reading Area
- Quiet Reading Area
- Digital E-Resource with secured network access
Publishing Copies to submit of book publication to the National Library of Malaysia (Perpustakaan Negara Malaysia) :
XMUM Library can assist faculties on the procedure in term of collection and submissions of copies of publications to National Library. Our Procedures of Submitting Publications from Xiamen University Malaysia (XMUM) to the National Library of Malaysia as below.
- Representative or contact person from Academic Faculties or Department to issue the letter in responding to National Library request and submit a minimum of 10 copies of publishing materials to XMUM Library for further assistance (attached the reply letter to the National Library of Malaysia together)
- When a faculty or department is appointing or assigning "Xiamen University Malaysia" as the legal publishing unit while applying for ISBN and CIP data (such as the bibliographic record) from the National Library in accordance with Act 301 and Act 331 of the Malaysian Publishing Act, the requestor or contact person (lecturer, staff or student’s) of books or materials publishing, must submit the responding letter of CIP application to National Library together with a minimum of 10 copies of the new books or library materials within 30 days of publication submitted to the XMUM Library, so that XMUM Library can further assist in publication submission to National Library on time.
- XMUM Library will compile a minimum of five copies of books publishing into the respective countries’ University’s collection as soon as possible for circulation and lending; the other five books will be sent to the National Library of Malaysia, together with other publications materials by the end of publishing year, for further review and collection consolidation.
- However, it is the responsibility of the requestor or faculty in charge to review, verify and validate on the publishing books content or publishing materials, in according to the respective countries Library Material, Printing Presses and Publications Acts.
Contact Us :
Should you have inquiry on Library related matter, you may email or raise AskA as below:
TEL: 03-8800 6801
B1 101: Counter Service (General Issues)
Feedback / FAQ: AskA