1. Campus users' email address and initial password will be provided during student registration (student) or on-boarding (staff).
2. All campus users' Email address will be set in the following format, example: CampusID@xmu.edu.my
3. Sign in through https://www.office.com. Users will need to change the provided initial password upon the first login.
4. After signing in, click on the top right corner of the page to customize your email and office365 settings (change operating system language, change password, menu, and other options). On the same page, you will see various apps and icons that allow you to access your Outlook (Email), Calendar, Cloud Storage, Office Online and other applications. You can also click on the icon for ‘Help’ options.
5. The University will use campus email as one of the communication channels to make announcements and etc. Do check your campus email frequently for all University announcements and information.
6. All users is able to access campus email using Microsoft 365 Outlook and other Microsoft 365 valuable cloud services. [Refer Microsoft 365]
7. However, your campus email address will be inactivated once you have left or graduated from the University. Thus, do archive your important email or data regularly, if requires.
Changing Initial Password for Email
1. Sign in through https://www.office.com
2. Enter your email address and the initial password, and key in your new password and click ‘Confirm Password’ to change. Click ‘Update Password’ and sign in again. Show Me
Forgotten Password for Email
1. If you are at campus, please proceed to Library Helpdesk Room B1-101 should you require any email password reset assistance on campus.
2. If you are out of campus, raise an AskA feedback (https://app.xmu.edu.my/AskA) or email email@example.com with attached a copy of your campus ID card or Identity Card or passport, for verification purpose and your personal email address info, in order to further assist on password reset request.
Note: New password must be strong password, which maintain an 8-character minimum length requirement, with the use of multiple character sets i.e. uppercase and lowercase characters, number or symbol.
Changing Email Password in Office365
How can I avoid phishing email scams?
Be alerted of any potential phishing email receives in your campus email address, especially emails that have an aggressive tone or claim that immediate action must be taken to avoid repercussions should be considered a potential scam.
a. Avoid sending passwords, bank account numbers, or other private information in an email.
b. Avoid clicking links in emails, especially any that are requesting private information.
c. Be wary of any unexpected email attachments or links, even from people you know.
d. Look for ‘https://’ and a lock icon in the address bar before entering any private information.
e. Have an updated anti-virus program that can scan email.
f. Change your campus email password, if you suspect your email password may have been compromised.
Should you have any doubts on the email received, forward the suspicious email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further checking and investigation.