1. Visit https://l.xmu.edu.my to access Moodle (XMUM Learning Management System).
2. Refer Home > Course Categories > Moodle Quick Guide, for quick start on how to use the basic functions of Moodle and start uploading course material in Moodle, as well as for knowledge sharing purposes.
3. Lecturer can start applying course for the academic purposes via Course Request. The Course Request can only be requested by Lecturer only.
- Lecturer and students to login Moodle using your Campus ID and password. Refer What is Campus ID?
- Lecturer can request for course creation at ‘Course Request’ page.[Note: Course code, course name and lecturer initial name to be included in the course title]
- Course request approval will be granted by System Administrator during working days/hours and you will receive an email notification
- Lecturer can update the course files accordingly
- Lecturer can enroll students in Moodle via import enrolls function or allow students to enter the enrolment key to enrol the course (Course name and enrollment key are provided by the respective course’s lecturer), depending on course's setting
- Students can view the course material accordingly once enrolled into the course.
- Students to backup the the course material accordingly as course will be closed after the semester ended.
4. If you are unable to login Moodle, try reset your Campus Id password via https://id.xmu.edu.my. However if problem persisted, your Campus ID maybe blocked in Moodle, if you have entered incorrect Campus ID password continuously for more than 6 times. Visit B1 Library and bring along your Campus ECard for unblocking of Campus ID if on campus, or raise AskA with a copy of your campus ID attached for Campus ID unblock request if you are out of campus.
5. Refer below for the useful how-to Moodle User Guides. [Note: To access the shared guides, you maybe prompted to login using Campus Email and password.]
Moodle Checklist (For All Users)
All Moodle users to read the general checklist and guides.
Student Tutorials (For Students)
Moodle Quick Starts for students.
Moodle Guides (For Lecturers)
Moodle Quick Starts for lecturers.
i. Getting Started.
Lecturer Course Request
ii. Basic Functions for Moodle
iii. Discussion Forum.
Setting up a Forum for discussion
Creating an Assignment
Creating a Quiz
6. Recommended Settings for Online Exam (applicable for online assessment, assignment, quiz)
All lecturers is encouraged to share online learning knowledge and best practice such as the online exam setting among their respective faculties. Recommended Settings in Moodle for Online Exam.
7. If you need assistance on course categories update, course deletion, or feedback on Moodle guides, you may